Sunday, July 25, 2010

Past and Future

So....a quick overview of my last summer at home so far. It's been great! A lot different than I expected but still good. I've been having a good time with my friends - I just love how during the summer you can do whatever the heck you want. I can just randomly decide to go swimming or go running or just do whatever. Life is good in that way.
I kept my job at Mr. Pizza, but I wanted a way to earn a little bit more money so I snatched a job at the snow shack. Let me tell ya...it's the funnest job ever! I don't know what it is about it but I love it. I can just chill there and read a book or do whatever and then make people happy by giving them delicious snow cones! The tips are great and I usually get pretty long shifts so it's good money. Not to mention the free snow cones I get and the fun I have experimenting with flavors. The one and only downside is the fact that it can get SUPER boring if it's not a busy day. But it's worth it for more college money! I can pretty much say that my diet this summer has consisted entirely of pizza, snow cones, and Taco Bell.

Speaking of college, now for the future part. At the end of August I'm moving down to Provo to go to BYU! I'm so dang excited. I love Shelley but it'll be so sweet to start again in a new place and make some new friends and figure myself out. Two of my best friends are also going to BYU, and we're living really close to eachother, so that'll be way fun! I'm glad I won't be ALL on my own. It'll be cool to experience it together. I'll also have Dustin and Amy there close so I'm sure we'll have fun. Me and my friend Jayde were laughing because when we went to register for classes it was like wait, what? We actually have to LEARN things? College isn't all just fun and games? I've still got a bit of shopping to do before I'm ready to move, but it's fun shopping. Only one month to go!

Today's song: "So Long, So Long" - Dashboard Confessional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNawDeGeUvo

3 comments:

  1. Loving the blog! Glad we will be able to keep track of ya! You do have a lot of fun and exciting changes coming. Just gonna say this even though you have probably heard it a million times. ENJOY this time of your life! It goes by fast! Take care of your testimony and make sure to stay true to who you are! You are pretty great and you probably should try and stay that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what about us...are we nobody important anymore? We will be close too ya know! Glad to see you join the world of blogging...it is fun. Well, we will be glad to have you...if you ever choose to come visit...unlike others that live close! J/K We are glad you are having a great summer and looking forward to the new adventure. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle! I love the blog, and i am so glad you will be updating it with all the fun stuff you will be doing. College is such a great time in your life! Remember to have tons of fun and don't sweat the small stuff:) We love you tons and I hope you know we are always here for you!

    ReplyDelete