Monday, January 23, 2012

Nephews and Birthdays and Snow!

Whew, I can't believe I'm 20! No longer a teenager... this is going to take some getting used to. But I haven't really felt like a teenager since starting college so I guess not a whole lot is going to change haha. Anyway my birthday/weekend turned out to be pretty great!
Friday:
Woke up at the crack of dawn for class, and got all the schooly stuff out of the way. Then, before I had to go to work, John and I worked on our bowling skills for a couple of hours. I hate to brag but we're getting pretty good! Relatively... Then I went to work where my coworkers put on the Happy Birthday CD and embarrassed me in all sorts of ways. I had a few good friends come to visit me at work too, which was so fun! Then right after work, John and I headed over to the hospital to say hello to Dustin and Amy and little LUKE! What a cute baby he is :) Congrats, you two!!! After the hospital I ran home to complete my cleaning check, which has fallen on my birthday two years in a row now! I only had about 20 minutes to do it all, so of course I failed, hahaha. Then we headed to Texas Roadhouse for a birthday dinner of sorts. We doubled with John's sister Emily, and her date, Brandon. The place was crooowwdddeeddd, but the food was definitely worth it! After that we packed up and headed to Bountiful where the Steagall family had a little birthday cake and whatnot for me. It turned out to be a pretty great day!
Saturday:
I went with three of John's sisters and one of their friends who is engaged, to the bridal show in Salt Lake. They are obsessed with this thing and they told me I HAD to go. The trip was mostly for their engaged friend, but it was fun to look at all the crazy fancy stuff and to eat all the yummy food! It was interesting for sure but very cool. After that we went back to the house. John, Emily, and I had planned to head back to Provo later that evening. However, the weather had different plans. It started snowing hard and fast, and in no time there were inches of snow on the ground and terrible roads. After driving around in it a little, we decided it would be best if we just stayed in Bountiful for the night. Since we had the rest of the day to do anything we wanted, we decided to make the most of it and play in the snow! Four of us rounded up some snow clothes and spent the rest of the evening sledding and building forts. I so wish we would've taken pictures, but one of our forts was pretty dang awesome. It took us forever and by the time we were finished, we could've slept overnight in the thing. The rest of the night we just sat around and recuperated from our "long" day.
Sunday:
Woke up, ate breakfast, went to church! After church and dinner and everything, we definitely didn't want to drive back to Provo and face real life for another week. But alas we finally left. On the way back, we stopped at Devrey and Chandler's place to say hi to them and Mom and Dad! It was so good to see them and to visit for a little while! Then we finally got back to Provo and hung out with my favorite roommates for the rest of the night. Good times!
All in all it was a pretty great weekend. I loved seeing my new nephew and Mom and Pops. And thank you to everyone else for the birthday wishes!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great Birthday weekend old lady!! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is this John fellow you referenced so many a time? I believe I am missing some info. Glad you had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete