Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day and He Is We Concert

My Memorial Day weekend was awesome! Devrey and Chandler invited me to come with them down to Lake Powell for the weekend. So we packed up our swimmin' suits and sunscreen and headed out Friday after work. I was so excited for three whole days of relaxation! We got to Blanding, Utah late Friday night and stayed with a family that Chandler stayed with on his mission and worked for after his mission. They are an awesome family and live on a huge farm. Saturday we woke up and sadly, the weather was terrible! It was so dang windy outside, and red dust was blowing everywhere. Windy Blanding reminded me of windy Shelley, just with different colored dirt ;) So we weren't able to go to the lake at all. So instead we all went to breakfast and chatted with the Lyman family. Then we drove around the hills a little bit. After that the three of us visited an awesome sister that Chandler also stayed with on his mission. Then we went home, took naps, made dinner, built a fire, and roasted s'mores! It was a fun day, even if we didn't even lay eyes on Lake Powell :)
Sunday we went to church, and then the rest of the day we spent exploring some beautiful areas in southern Utah. It was a blast Here are some pictures!


Oh just some Indian ruins
Hyoooge canyon!
This crazy diving board rock! Probably the scariest thing I did all day...
"Yep, they're twins..." -Chandler
Natural Bridges
Another natural bridge
Trying my hand at nature photography. Haha...

A rock formation in Valley of the Gods called "Lady in a Bathtub" or something like that. It seriously looks like a lady in a bathtub! The funny thing is, we didn't even know what it was called when we saw it. So we all took guesses as to what we thought it looked like. And we all decided it looked like a lady in a bathtub. And then later we found out the name!

I just poked my head out the window and took this picture, but I love the way it turned out!
So the trip on Sunday was beautiful. It's hard to take pictures that represent how cool it is, but believe me, it was so cool!
Monday we all got up early to help Bro. Lyman round up his cows. Sadly I was feeling super sick so I had to stay home :( But they all got home and said I missed out! Here are a few pictures.

Devrey lookin' supa-fly on the four-wheeler
They had to carry some of the calves because they wouldn't move their little bums along.
After that we packed up, visited one more person, and then hit the road! It was such a fun and relaxing trip. I'm glad they invited me! It always sucks to go back to real life after these things.

Then last night, Devrey and I went to Salt Lake to go to the He Is We concert that we've been planning on for like two months! We met up with Shanley and three of her friends. It was really fun, but kindof sad because the main girl wasn't even there, because she is sick. It was this fill-in girl instead. She did a super good job, but I was still sad! Here's Devrey and I waiting for them to come on.



Good times! Well that's it for now. Next week I'm going to a Daughtry concert. Wooooo summer!!

2 comments:

  1. Twice in a week?! So awesome! Love all the pics of the big trip! Glad ya got to get away. So fun that you are going to lots of concerts this summer! You are so smart to play and enjoy this time of life! I expect to see lots more fun pictures of all your summer adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daughtry too!? So jealous! Glad you got to come with us! It was fun to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete